Friday, November 23, 2007

just thinking a bit.


This picture is from my time with Ash and Todd. its in hopkins which is about 6 miles from thier house. this was the fateful night when we put false hope into ride home and ended up - actually, i don´t think any one will really understand how funny and scary it was. so nevermind. (only ash and todd. but mostly ash. todd was happy.)




These are pics of my host sis Ariadna(who is amazingly beautiful) and one of the other volunteers (daphney) and our boss at the park(condilario). Condilario is hilarious. he doesn´t speak any english. i love working with him. he makes us work so dang hard.

its been different to have to think before i speak. Every thing i say i have to slowly walk through it in my brain. i think one of the first lessons my momma taught me (that i remember) is look before you leap. i cant exactly remember the situation, but i know it was something to do with me jumping into the car and lipstick. I guess that saying translates into: think before you do something or say something you might regret. I have never felt like that was a good lesson for me to live by. sorry momma. As i look at my decisions in the past, the ones that have been the most benifical have been made spur of the moment. But thats how my little mind works i guess. i dont have patience to think things through. when i make a pros and cons list i usually write out all the pros and never make it to the cons. Ash probably described my minds workings best with the "action...thought, action...thought" metaphor. Generally i find my mind is happy like that. but when speaking only in spanish, i have had to totally change my action...thought mind to thought...thought...thought...action. it´s hard.

My host mom reminded me yesterday night at 6:30 that it was thanksgiving, (so no, mom i actually thought it was on the 25th for some reason. i confused it with christmas probably.) but i did think of my family and about what i was missing, and i wished i could have been there, but not to the point of sadness:)
i went for a swim yesterday at 4:30 and thought of my dad and how he would be feaking out about the glassy water. Today is the first day that i´ve seen waves on the lake. its glass all day long every day. there are 2 wooden boats that i see fishing a few times a week, but other than that there is nothing going on except kids swiming. its amazing. at first i was praying that someone would have a motorboat that could pull a skiier, but now i know it would change the lake. im so greatful for the calm of the lake and that the biggest fish anyone has ever caught is 10 inches long.
anyway.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey sar,
i thought i might find you here. how's it going?? last night i was swinging in the hammock and i thought of you and a tear came out and then every few seconds i thought of you and how you were sitting right there on my couch 2 weeks ago and another one and another one came out. kind of like when i was looking at the pictures of ed right after they took him away from me. so i guess that explains it. i love that bike picture! how much longer are you going to stay there?? it looks awesome. how's the spanish? this is an email.
ashbash.

holly jo said...

I tisked to her ear. so romantic. I love you. congrats on being in what sounds like the most amazing place ever.

Maren Richards said...

Hey Sara! I loved reading through your blog. Looks like you have been living life and loving it. I would love to hear more about your adventures....take care!

Love,
Maren (Farns) :)

Unknown said...

ps i love what you have changed your heading to...que sera. that is good.