Wednesday, February 6, 2008

lots of different


these are pictures from the bus...


Town center in Cusco

Me and Andrea


We are in Cusco, which is a beautiful town in the mountains. Its close to Machu Pichu and we are going on a 4 day trek today to see it. im so excited! For those of you who are wondering, we haven't performed yet. But it will happen soon. (maybe-maybe not.)

Traveling is so fun. I meet so many good people, and everyone has thier own understanding of life and the world. It makes you open your mind to every way of life, and to value it even when its so compleatly opposite of what you know. The Peruvians are beautiful. They are kind and want to talk- which i find to be so much easier this time than in Guatemala. Peruvians talk really slow and don't use slang which makes it easier to understand. i really have learned so much more spanish because of having a base of the language. Its fun. It makes me want to be fluent.

Hopefully Ill get to post some pictures of this trek thing as its happening. Its going to be cool i think. I have had some pretty intence stomach issues, and they are still with me. (They as in the parasites). But i don't feel sick, I just process things very quickly:) I guess its pretty typical for travelers here. Any way-

5 comments:

mare said...

Oh sarie. I love reading your writing; even if your spelling is poor and grammar non-functional. just kidding, I really think you are a good writer, and don't let nona tell you any different. Everytime we read your posts, Rob always says, "that's so Sara"; which I think is a credit to you--you have your own genre now.

I was thinking those very four questions about that little alien waving. That doll made me so sad--it looks like a horror film, and everyone knows I don't like horror films.

I'm also pleased you are still traveling and having crazy times in the world. How fun. I'm also glad someone is there with you so you don't die or become a priestess for some religion on accident.
I love you and miss you. Can't wait to here of your travels and the men of Peru.

Laurie Bingham said...

Hi Sare,
I was a little shocked to that Colb had commented long before me. Oopsies. I have been a little crazy with school lately, but not as bad as last semester. I got like 70% on both my tests last week...you'd be so proud. I love seeing what Peru is like through your eyes...it looks so beautiful and fun. Are you even looking at orphanges down there? You should record yourself when you sing on the streets. Can we really go skiing when you get back?

Jen said...

Hey, Sara! This is Jen (Hagen) Shields from high school and a few of your soccer days...remember me? :) I found your blog and am fascinated by your writing and pictures! I agree with Maren...you are a very good writer! I wish I could travel and see all of the places that you are seeing. Lucky girl!

holly jo said...

Process things rather quickly? When did you become so modest about your poop process? I miss your face around these parts. Glad to see and hear you are doing well. Love your bones. TISK to you soon. holls.

Unknown said...

hey sar, it's me. what are you doing right now? well i was also enchanted by this blog post. i love your brain and other parts of you, but not your parasites. bless them.