Tuesday, October 16, 2007

One chest

My childhood memories are few, but those that are are intensely imprinted in my synapeses. I'm going to start with my earliest one's. This activity is mostly to try and keep the readers of this blog as bored as i possibly can.
I don't really know which is my first memory, but i would hope that this one isn't:
Im standing on a small chest of drawers similar to the one i currently own. Knobby knobs for handles, drawers that have no tracking system, so occasionally fall out, subsiquently sending that little electric shock through the forhead. Anyway, i have no idea how i got there, and no thoughts of how to get down. I'm alone in my cold, cement-floored basement, chewing a mid-sized hunk of bubble gum. The chest is against the wall and i carefully squat down so my hands are ballacing me and turn toward the wall. There is a chalk drawing of myself hanging, staring at me. It's not weird though. I like the drawing. It was nicely done. As im gazing at myself, I suddenly realize how sore my jaw is and here begins my struggle. Should I find a way down from my perch and end my dull adventure, or liberate my jaw. I choose the latter, and carefully place the gum on the picture frame. I can't actually remember how long i stayed or how i did get down, but I am certain the only reason i have this memory is because my mom saw the gum and yelled at me. Ha. How did she know it was me? i don't know. It's fun that i was young enough to not know it was wrong to put gum on things. Had i only known, i would have put it on the back side of the frame. Then it would still be there, and i wouldn't have got in trouble. But if this was the case, I would not remember this brave adventure of my youth. You see, my memories are mostly me being mischivious, and getting in trouble for being so, and therefore are very few.

4 comments:

mare said...

ahahahhh. I love you so much. bad memories are for those that have done bad things. thus, we have both acquired them. I've decided we're the perfect candidates for Alzheimer's. do what you will with that, but i have the same lack of events, well, not really a lack, but certainly in no particular order whatsoever, thus, becoming a lack.
i still put gum on things and find it months later. but at least i wash my hands.

mare said...

p.s. i am in love with that wittle frog on your thumb. i want to have him.

Laurie Bingham said...

No matter what you write, no one will ever be bored. your not a boring person, so boring things can't come from you. remember how we went on a hike, took pictures...i thought you were going to post them sara

Unknown said...

oh, now i see why larry is a baby. but dont worry larry, i dont think you are. but i was bored by that blog.

no, i'm kidding. i was actually thurooughly, which i can't spell, amused. i loved it. it was so fitting for you.
boo.
ashli