Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Good old guatemala city

So here the adventure begins!! Im in quatemala city right now in hostel los valcanos. Its a really nice place and i share a room with 6 empty bunkbeds. its weird. its like one of those orphin houses except all the orphins have been killed or sold. But I am the only single female here now. and franando is the only single male, so we decided to make a day of it and walk through guatemala city. it was really awesome.
anyway, franado was the best to go see the city with. if it weren´t for him i would be dead and-or lost. he is chilean and currently lives in norway. hes a lawyer. he´s smart. so it was lucky he wanted to hang out with me. (im dumb)
any ways we went to this museum of archiology and i was looking around at the coolest artifacts from the temples, and i heard the first english words id heard all day. it was this really excited knowaglable man who was talking all about the symbols and meaning of the artifacts. so i secretly tagged along keeping my distance so they wouldn´t suspect me. I felt really lame because there were only 6 people in the museum and it was 10 min to close, so they were running from room to room, therefore they could easily conclude i was following them. turns out they are from atlanta georga and are LDS2.
love,
sara

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi Sari! This is really mom, not Jessie. I think I found your glasses in the back seat of my car....I hope you don't feel too bad or blind and if you do, would it be worth it for me to send them down and is there a faster way than four weeks? Would you rather I used e-mail to send 'mom' messages since they won't be blogs, but probably more informational statements that moms like to give. I did want to make a comment on your blog. Didn't you decide after high school that you really could have taken all those AP classes because you were really smart and how come you think you're dumb again? Because I know people who don't think you're dumb who wish they had a brain more like yours. Yours also has a lot of other cool stuff that doesn't have anything to do with intellectualism that many people would be a lot better off with if they had some of that stuff in their brains!! I love you !! Mom judygg@comcast.net

mare said...

I love it. I am pleased as a small child on Christmas morn at your mom's comment. I love you Judy. It all becomes clear where you came from-- what an excellent heritage huh? I also agree with her. How is Guatemala? How is your Chillean man? I'm glad (but not surprised) that you found a friend so quickly. For goodness sakes, be safe down there. I feel bored of teaching, maybe I'll come meet up with you afterall. Just kidding, logical I am not, but practical I am. (some you win, most you lose..)I love you so much